The Gold Eagle's tradition of excellence goes back more than 50 years to 1952 when Sherwood & Shirley Hilton built the
motel. The restaurant was built a few years later and featured a traditional homestyle menu.
Then in 1971, Pat and Rick Ochs bought the establishment. They refurbished the menu, perfected the Prime
Rib and Yorkshire pudding, and soon became one of the area's premiere restaurants. With the restaurant's
growing reputation, the Still Room was added to accommodate additional guests.
In 2000, Pat and Rick decided to retire and passed the business to their son, Craig and daughter-in-law, Marnie.
Their dedication is obvious in their constant improvements and upgrades, to both the restaurant and the motel,
while maintaining the tradition that began so many years ago. As this tradition continues, a new generation, in
the form of Craig and Marnie's young daughters, is being taught the Ochs motto of superior quality at a